F-Board is designed to be used beneath floor heating systems to minimize downward heat loss and aid in faster warm-up times.
Without the use of F-Board insulation, some of the energy generated from the heating elements travels downwards into the floor below leaving less heat available to warm the tiles.
F-Board insulation is of particular importance in small applications like bathrooms, en-suites, and powder rooms because these areas usually require “faster” warm-up times, higher floor temperatures (than larger, general living areas) and are often occupied for only short periods of time. F-Board insulation ensures energy saving, cost savings, improved comfort and
quicker warm-up times.
Please click HERE to see all Brochures, Spec-Sheets & Installation Guides
- Stock Code
• High water resistance
• High insulation value
• High compressive strength
• Very light weight
• Easy to install
Installation of F-Board:
• F-Board is simply glued (using a staggered joint layout) to the concrete or timber floor using typical tile adhesives (non-solvent based) suited to electrically heated floors.
• The floor surface must be a clean, dry, dust-free, smooth
• Plaster board jointing tape is recommended for all joints.
• Where required, the water-proofing membrane may be placed
below or on top
of the F-Board insulation layer.
• The heating elements are then placed directly on to the F
-Board and the Tiler
continues the floor finish/tiling process following normal practices.
• The heating elements can be in a screed bed or glue bed/
leveling compound, based on the heating design selected
|C1G010||F-Board 6mm||Floor Insulation 1.25m x 0.6m||1|
|C1G020||F-Board 10mm||Floor Insulation 1.25m x 0.6m||1|